Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015

Dakota Dress by Named Clothing, Me-made-May'15 Day 20

Hello, dear sewists,

This dress I made for Christmas 2013.

I bought the PDF pattern which at that time included only two sizes. I got another two sizes for free because I wasn't sure about sizing and wanted to sew a dress for my daughter, too. However, the sizes are not drafted together so you cannot grade between them if necessary.
Source: namedclothing.com
And, you have to trace the patterns because the pieces are overlapped. I think that recently you get all the sizes with your pattern now, maybe you can grade between sizes, too. In addition, it has got cheaper.


My dress is made out of a ponte di roma knit with only a little bit of give so I sewed it with the sewing machine and finished the seams afterwards with the serger and topstitched the seams.

I shortened the bodice 1cm in front and 1,5cm at the back. In addition, I had to take some fabric out at the shoulder seam and 1,5cm at the front armscye. I closed the center front higher to achieve a neckline wearable without an other top underneath.

Otherwise, I sewed everything like indicated. After some washes, it has shortened rather a bit. With dark tights, I wear it anyway.


Pattern: Dakota Dress, Named Clothing, PDF
Size: 38 bust-38 waist- 40 hip.
Fabric: ponte di roma knit, bought at Garçonne, Freiburg.

Go have a look at  flickr to see the international may-me-makers and here to see Claudia of Bunte Kleider who is presenting the German MeMadeMittwoch group!
Enjoy, SaSa

9 Kommentare:

  1. Wirklich ganz klasse das Kleid :) Genau meine Farbe ;) Und der Schnitt ist auch besonders, aber alltagstauglich, das gefällt mir :)
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ach, du hast also auch ein Dakota-Dress; du siehst klasse aus im Kleid und ich mag auch sehr das kräftige Pink-passt gut zum klaren Schnitt mit seinen schönen Details.
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Danke, Ihr beiden! Liebe Grüße, SaSa

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Sehr schön!
    Toll kombiniert.
    Ich bin ja auch Dakota Fan.
    Lieber Gruß
    Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wahnsinnsfarbe, steht Dir richtig gut - ich wünschte, ich könnte sie ebenfalls tragen...
    Liebe Grüße
    Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Sandra! Dafür steht Dir Koralle! :)
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  6. Oh, this is so beautiful on you. I Love the colour, and it looks sensational with your pink tights.
    The dress style is lovely, I'm tempted to copy you and get that pattern now! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, yes, please! That would be so great!
      Have a nice weekend; we have got Pentecost holidays (at school even 2 Weeks!), SaSa

      Löschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!