Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2015

Ultimate Wrap Dress, Sew Over It, Me-Made-May'15 Day13

Dear sewists,

Source: sewoverit.co.uk

On wednesdays a lot of the German speaking sewists are gathering at weekly MeMadeMittwoch. Today there is a theme: wrap dress!


After having sewn some dresses out of liberty tana lawn, I made me a dress out of liberty cotton jersey Anj B to lounge at home.

The pattern comes in a nice package  and is made out of the usual thin paper. The neckline is drafted with facings and the dress is proposed to be sewn like a woven dress.


I ignored the instructions. First, I finished the right sideseams with a little rolled hem between the notches for the strap-gap. Then I sewed the sholder seams which I had reinforced with a band of fusable interfacing. I then set in the short sleeves by flat and then closed the sleeves and side seams in one step beeing careful not to forget the gap at the right side. The frontseam and hem I finished with my Bernina rolled hem foot nr. 69 with a very narrow ziczac stitch to keep it elastic.


The neckline and ties I sewed in one with the binder attachement of the coverstitch and the chain stitch (The machine and attachement had been a present at the pleasurable opportunity of a sale at my local shop.).

Pattern: Ultimate Wrap Dress, Sew Over It
Size: 10 shoulders and armscye -12 bust, sleevewidth, waist and hips. Hemlength 10 cm longer.
Fabric: Liberty jersey Anj B

I am very pleased with the result. I had not been sure wether the dress wouldn't look like a nightie because of the fabric, but I have worn it at home quite a lot last year.

See you at may-me-makers' at flickr and at Mittwoch-me-makers'! SaSa

9 Kommentare:

  1. Ein sehr schönes Wickelkleid hast Du Dir genäht. Ich finde den Schnitt auch schön schlicht, so dass man mit verschiedensten Mustern arbeiten kann. Sew Over It kannte ich noch gar nicht.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Stef

    http://seaofteal.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is a very nice dress! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    BR SuSe

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich sehe, wir teilen auch die Liebe zu luxuriösen Stoffen. Obwohl ich mich bei den Liberty Jerseys bis jetzt noch nicht auf ein bestimmtes Muster festlegen konnte. Darum habe ich den Stoff noch nicht genäht, aber irgendwann kommt das noch. Dein Kleid sieht sehr hübsch aus. Trägst du es wirklich nur zu Hause?
    LG,
    Claudia

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Was für ein tolles Kleid, der Stoff ist ein Traum und das Kleid sieht super an Dir aus. Kleider aus Webstoff finde ich immer besonders schön. LG Kuestensocke

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ihr Lieben, habt vielen Dank für Eure netten Kommentare! Ja, ich trage das Kleid fast nur zu Hause oder für Einkäufe. Es ist mir auch etwas zu kurz. Liebe Küstensocke, der Stoff ist ein Baumwolljersey mit Elasthan von Liberty, den ich bei einer Webstoffbestellung mitbestellt hatte. Er ist etwas elastisch aber relativ steif und die Stofflagenbleiben aneinander hängen, was mich aber nicht stört.
    Liebe Grüße, SaSa

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Soooooo! ich habe alle deine letzten Post verpasst, das tut mir Leid! Aber ich glaube jetzt läuft das bei Bloglovin! Das Kleid habe ich bei Flickr schon bewundert, das ist echt schön! Und ich finde du solltest das nicht nur zu Hause anziehen! Das Kleid gehört unter Leute, oder zumindest an den Strand! :)
    Liebe Grüße
    Katharina

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Katharina! An den Strand bin ich einverstanden! ;)

      Löschen
  7. So pretty!! I'm glad to see that fabric in close-up. The print is just adorable. You're inspiring me to go and take another look at some Liberty! I'm in love with all those beautiful prints!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, yes, please! It is always difficult for me to chose a print. It is a tightrope walk to find one that is lovely but not dowdy.

      Löschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!