Mittwoch, 7. September 2016

Unlined floral Lourdes Cropped Jacket, Named Clothing

When I had cut out my Inari dress, I got some 80 cm leftover of this precious linen and decided to make another little unlined jacket.
First, I wanted to repeat the Victoria blazer. However, the birthday sale at Named Clothing incited me to try the Lourdes Cropped Jacket.
The pdf-pattern is not pleasant. The two sizes at one print are higgledy-piggledy placed so you cannot grade from one size to the other. You have to be happy that the pieces of one size are not laid one over the other so they can be cut out directly. The size is not written at the pattern pieces so you have to write it down not to forget it.
I sewed size 38. The only change I made after a rough paper muslin was shifting the bust darts inwards for 2cm and a forward shoulder adjustment of 1cm.

Because I didn't line the jacket, I omitted the interfacing at neckline, armholes and sleeve caps. I didn't finish the raw edges like indicated before sewing.
The fake pockets, I pinned in place at the outer dart wings and basted them in place. Then I sewed the darts without cutting them out because of the omitted lining.
All the seams, I finished with a false flat felled seam.
I first sewed the seam, SA being 1cm at Named Clothing, and graded the back SA to 4mm.
I then made the first seam with the flat felled foot (Bernina #70).
Now I pressed the seam and sewed the second seam.
All the seams get sturdy and firm and everything is neat at the inside.
The facing, I finished with a small hem (Bernina foot #69). I understitched all the seam allowances at the facings (not seen in the pics).
I followed the good instructions which give nice results at the hem and the inverted pleat. 
The sleeves have got some lovely rounded slits.
To prevent the facing flapping out, I sewed in the shoulder seam ditch. I folded the hem seam allowance under by 1cm and edgestitched by the wrong side.
Afterwards, I noticed, that I had crossed the fake pocket flap. So I undid the hem seam at the flaps, secured the seam in front and stitched from the back under the flaps as long as possible.
I sewed a little loop at the inverted pleat, fixing the facing there, too.

Pattern: Lourdes Cropped Jacket of the Ticket Collection, Named Clothing
Size: 38
Fabric: Italian linen, Garçonne, Freiburg
Alterations: shifted the bust darts to the center by 2cm, 
                     forward shoulder adjustment by 1cm.

Today, about a hundred of German sewists are meeting at MeMadeMittwoch. Go have a look!
SaSa



20 Kommentare:

  1. So eine schöne leichte blusenjacke! Toll geworden und sehr schön verarbeitet mit den schmalen Nähten. Echt klasse. LG Kuestensocke

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Eine schöne Jacke aus einem zeitlos schönen Stoff.
    LG Ute

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Der Stoff ist ja zum Niederknien! Und dann ein so ausgefallener Schnitt dazu. Du hast ein Händchen für schöne Kleidung.
    LG Astrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Astrid! Ich habe mich auch sofort in den (teuren) Stoff verliebt und mich gefreut, aus dem Rest noch das Jäckchen schneiden zu können!
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  4. Toll, dass du aus dem letzten Fitzelchen dieses schönen Stoffes noch eine Jacke rausbekommen hast. Steht dir ausgezeichnet und fügt sich wunderbar in das restliche Outfit ein!

    Liebe Grüße
    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Julia! Ich freue mich auf unser Wiedersehen in Würzburg!
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  5. Was für ein wunderschöner Stoff!! Hach, ich bin hin und weg. Und, ganz lieben Dank für den Tipp mit dem Näh-Füßchen. Den Fuß habe ich auch und noch nie benutzt, weil ich nicht wußte, wofür ich ihn benutzen kann.
    LG Epilele

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Epilele! Das Füßchen musst Du unbedingt ausprobieren! Vor allem das schmale ermöglicht Nähte, die man nur mit Umbügeln wahrscheinlich gar nicht machen könnte oder würde.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  6. Was für ein hübsches, leichtes Jäckchen und so sorgfältig, wie du die Nähte versäubert hast, braucht es auch kein Futter.
    LG von Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Susanne! Unsere Sommer sind auch meist zu heiß für gefütterte Jacken.
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  7. Sehr schöne Jacke! ich mag die printleinen sehr, ist relativ selten zu sehen.du hast sehr schön und sauber verarbeitet.ich liebe sowas total:-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Julia! Unser örtlicher Stoffladen hat jeden Sommer ein paar ziemlich schöne Leinenstoffe, leider auch ziemlich teure. Das erzieht zu sorgfältigem Umgang ;)

      Löschen
  8. Somit steht wohl ein Großeinkauf bei named an :))
    Liebe Grüße,
    Sandra

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Den Eindruck habe ich auch (neue Kollektion!) :)
      Liebe Grüße, SaSa

      Löschen
  9. This is one of my favorite jackets of yours! Love all the little details you included, especially the loop and your sweet label. And *heart* those scalloped sleeves! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! This is a cute Little jacket pattern! :)

      Löschen
  10. Beautifully done! I love the details and the happy print :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar!
I appreciate all of your comments, thank you so much for stopping by!
J’apprécie beaucoup recevoir vos commentaires!
Îmi place foarte mult a obtine un comentariu de la tine!